Thursday, October 13, 2005

A little about me.

G'Day, I am Agrophobic or Agro for short. I am not actuall an agoraphobic but I chose a bastardisation of that term for my net name for several reasons. If you don't know what an agoraphobic is, it is a person with a fear of open spaces (like the opposite of a claustrophobic).
I modified it to Agrophobic cos it looks better and it can be shortened to Agro :D (and also coz the first time I used it I didn't know the correct spelling).

I thought the name was suitable because when I first got on the internet I kinda hibernated in my room a bit and was not going outside much.

I actually love being outside and would prefer to be alone in the middle of nowhere (so long as I have net access) than living in suburbia.

I live with my partner and 2 kids in a little community about 1 1/2 hrs drive north from Sydney NSW. We have 33 acres of bushland that is surrounded by national parks and state forests.


I recently changed jobs after travelling to Sydney every day for the last 6 1/2 yrs (well not quite every day) and what with current fuel prices, parking expenses, road tolls etc it was costing me 1/3 of my wage just to get to work not to mention the mobile phone bill of about $400 a month.

So now I am working for a Geophysical Survey team doing mineral exploration in various places around the outback. We are currently on station at Cannington Mine in north west Queensland.

We usually work 3 weeks on then get flown home for a week off then fly back out. While we are "in station" all our expenses are paid except for smokes and booze (bugger) but at least the beer here is only $1.60 each!!

I have started this blog to give me an outlet to share images and ideas about the areas I visit for work.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Agro

0 Comments: