Friday, October 14, 2005

Rain.

It rained last night and into this morning. The dirt here becomes very sticky, slippery mud with only a small amount of rain. It clings to everything. After walking 10 metres I was about 5 inches taller!!!
The drive out to my office was intersting, slipping and sliding in the mud. The I had to wait for the rain to ease a bit so I could but fuel in the generator, didn't want too much water getting in there.
Started up the genny, stepped out of my 6-inch platform boots :) and into the office. Started up all my equipment and found out that the batteries were flat in the BFPS. Off I went with a charged spare to replace it, 400m up the slippery track...




Changed all the batteries and the BFPS then slid back to the office. I had grown by 9 inches by this time so figured I would clean a little of the mud off my boots, can't do much about the mud on the cruiser though...




Rain has stopped for now so we will get some work done at least.

0 Comments: