Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Slow start today. I got to my remote office, started the generator, plugged in the sat cables and network cables (unplug at end of day incase of overnight storms), booted up the PC and got the network running. Did a battery level check (of the DAU's which are 200m apart running away from my office) and found they needed changing. Grabbed my spares off charge and went out to change batteries. Got back from that, got the network back up and all systems go.
Started netmeeting to see how Phil and the others were getting on out at the main line.... No response.... Tried Phil's mobile from my satphone.... No response....Tried his satphone.... No reponse....Tried Pete's mobile....turned off....Tried Anthony's mobile....Pete answered-> bad electrical storm over there and they are running around like blue arsed flies (never actually seen a fly with a blue arse but then I don't generally look at their genitalia) getting all the DAU's unplugged so they don't get hit by lighning.
I just have to sit here and wait and see if the storm passes. Also have to keep an eye on it in case it comes my way and it is my turn to do a "blue arsed fly" impression...

Waiting.....waiting....

0 Comments: